The football club AGF’s new e-commerce solution was the first of its kind in Denmark and was developed by Venue Manager. With the new Venue platform, the business around the club’s stadium and associated activities are gathered in one digital solution. This has resulted in several concrete gains for the club while also earning the coveted award for best e-commerce case from the Association for Danish Internet Trading (FDIH).
– Venue Manager and AGF have created a successful platform where the purchase of experiences, services, and physical products play together as a true winning team, said the jury for FDIH E-commerce prize.
Good collaboration provides unique digital shopping experience
With the Venue platform, the traditional football club can offer its fans tickets, season tickets, merchandise, catering, and subscriptions in one purchase flow. The fans’ drinks purchase is linked to the individual ticket or season ticket in digital form, which is then scanned at one of the integrated cash registers at the stadium. At the same time, tickets and season tickets are stored in the Venue Manager app, so fans can just bring their mobile to get through access control and pick up pre-purchased drinks. Queues, cash, and credit cards are thus eliminated.
– The club’s customer-facing processes have undoubtedly been improved and streamlined with Venue Manager’s digital solutions. The systems are far more flexible than what we were used to before, and we now have a number of tools available when it comes to making customer flow at a match easier and smoother, says AGF B2C Manager Morten Lerke, and continues:
– We weren’t looking for a supplier relationship, but rather a collaboration relationship, and here Venue Manager has proven to be the right decision. It is clear that ticket management is one of their core competencies, but it is their interest in continuously developing the systems in relation to our business needs that is the great strength.
The collaboration has contributed great value to Venue Manager
– AGF is one of the most ambitious clubs in Danish football, and it is a pleasure to spar with them about the opportunities that exist to optimise and expand the business. The many years of collaboration strengthens our insight into the industry and helps us to be at the forefront of the constantly changing trends in the sports world, says Venue Manager Business Director Peter Richardt.
Significantly higher revenue
In addition to the optimised framework for online purchases, the entire overall user journey for the club’s fans has been upgraded. The Venue platform has provided new knowledge about the club’s fanbase – including their buying behaviour – opening opportunities for more targeted marketing and increased sales:
– There is no doubt that Venue Manager is at the forefront when it comes to managing data and defining the customer journey based on customer behaviour. This equips us with good knowledge of our fans’ preferences, which enables us to segment and push relevant marketing in a thoughtful way. More specifically, it has resulted in significantly increased sales, concludes Morten Lerke.
Similar solutions from Venue Manager can also be found in many other sports clubs in Denmark and Germany.